What Sets Dr. Kouris Apart?
Exciting Transformation Process
Body Contouring In Hinsdale By Dr. George Kouris M.D.
Proper exercise and healthy eating are great ways to achieve fitness goals and tone muscles. But, no matter how physically active or diet conscious we are, these things can’t improve loose, saggy skin or body contouring that’s uneven. “Body contour surgery” is an ideal choice for those who have noticed their skin and underlying tissues have lost elasticity because of substantial weight loss, pregnancy, the natural aging process, sun damage, genetics or other reasons.
Body contouring gets rid of excessive skin and fatty deposits. The underlying tissues beneath the skin can be toned. Body contouring improves the look of cellulite, the dimply fatty deposits that pockmark thighs, buttocks and abdomens. If you’re unhappy with the appearance of these areas, or if your breasts or upper arms sag, body contouring may be your solution.
When most people hear “body contouring,” they think “liposuction.” Liposuction is certainly part of it. But body contouring encompasses a wide array of aesthetic procedures designed to target specific body regions. When you visit with Dr. Kouris, he’ll ask you about your goals and your problem areas. This way, he’ll know which body contouring procedures will get you the results you are looking for.
Common Body Contouring Procedures Include:
Abdominoplasties. Also known as the Tummy Tuck, abdominoplasty removes excess abdominal flesh for a slimmer, more toned tummy and abdominal profile.
The Reverse Abdominoplasties. Often called the Reverse Tummy Tuck, this procedure lifts and tightens lax, saggy skin from the stomach. It differs from traditional abdominoplasty in that a full Tummy Tuck removes skin from the lower abdominal area while the Reverse Tummy Tuck focuses on skin from the upper region only.
- Arm lift
- This body contouring procedure is used to correct drooping upper arms.
- Breast lift
- Breast lifts are ideal for a myriad of reasons. Breasts that sag or have a loss shape or volume; breasts that droop with an elongated or flattened shape; nipples that point downward or drop below the breast’s crease; breast skin that has stretched and areolas that are overly large; or when one breast hangs lower than its partner, to name several.
- Body Lift
- Body lifts are particularly beneficial after substantial weight loss or when aging causes the body to form apron-like flaps at the belly or abdomen or lower back. It can also correct saggy buttocks and groins, as well as hanging skin that drape on the thighs.
- Lower Body Lift
- Like the full body lift, a lower body lift addresses problem areas where excess skin hangs or drapes. But a lower body lift focuses the abdomen, buttocks, groin and thighs.
- Perhaps one of the best known of the body contouring procedures. Liposuction removes excess fat from beneath the skin by using suction. It has been a tried and true member of the body contouring group of procedures for many years now.
- Laser Liposuction
- Laser liposuction incorporates the use of lasers to liquefy fat prior to its removal. This makes the fatty tissue easier to vacuum out via liposuction. Pairing lasers with liposuction may also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, resulting in firmer, smoother skin.
- Body Fx
This body contouring technique eliminates fat by heating it and creating pores in the cell membrane. The results are proven, noticeable, and lasting.
Radiofrequency-assisted lipolysis is an in-office procedure that targets small pockets of fat and through the heat generated by radiofrequency, essentially melts the fat away. This is a great solution for those who want minimal downtime and would like to avoid traditional surgery.Thigh liftThigh lifts can be done for the entire thigh or target the inner, outer or upper regions. A thigh lift removes excess skin and fat, and is often sought following substantial or bariatric weight loss. But it’s also a good solution for those whose dieting and exercise have failed to reduce excess tissue in their thighs.“Mommy makeovers.”This popular option features a combo from the suite of body contouring procedures. A mommy makeover is specially customized for those who want to return their abdominal and breast areas to their pre-maternity firmness and tone.
No matter the body contouring procedure, Dr. Kouris always takes special care in ensuring that every incision is as discrete and hidden as much as possible by clothing and your body’s natural contours.
Which Body Contouring Is Right For You?
Which body contouring or suite of body contouring techniques will serve you best depends on your personal goals. Are you are most interested in only reducing fat? Liposuction may well be a better choice than more extensive body contouring surgery. For those who need a blend of body contouring procedures, such as skin removal and fat sculpting, Dr. Kouris performs the liposuction at the time as the body contouring procedure.
As you consult with Dr. Kouris, you and he will discuss your expectations for your body contouring. He’ll also thoroughly explain what will happen during your procedure, what to expect after surgery, and any possible side effects.
Dr. Kouris’s staff is happy to help you with any questions you may have before scheduling your body contouring consultation. Please call 708-354-4667 or use our Contact Page. We look forward to hearing from you.